BARD PAPER: SARA0002
design by Lewis Roberts
The Galahad-Class Monitor is produced by
Bourgund Shipyards on
Oriflamme. It is the
largest non-relic ship in the Oriflamme Navy. No other worlds
of the RC has purchased a Galahad, and unlike other
ships, the Technarchs don't want to export the Galahad.
It is intended to protect vital areas of the
Oriflamme system mainly
the homeworld, and the gas giants. One thing of note about
the Galahad, is that the range of its PAW far
outstrips its feeble sensors; it usually operates with a vast
sensor net made up of drones, and planet based sensors.
The Galahad-Class is a very compact design, there is a
minimal amount of space for the crew. The crew sleeps in the
traditional hammock of the
Oriflamme navy. This
saves space, and also allows the crew to each have an
individual bed, rather than sharing an actual mattress in the
normal hotbunking scheme. The crew often sets up recreation
facilities, in the cargo bay, between rows of cargo pallets.
Zeeball is a popular activity.
The ship is streamlined, but the fusion rockets prevent it from landing on an inhabited planet. The radioactive wasted produced by the rockets would do irrereable harm to the biosphere. The Galahad is built in orbit and the only time it enters a planetary astmosphere is to refuel in a gas giant's atmosphere. None of Oriflamme's gas giants have an native life forms, so the radioactivity does little harm.
|Displacement: 1,000 tons
||Hull Armor: 200
|Length: 29.9 meters
||Volume: 14,000 m3
|Price: 3.25 GCr
||Target Size: M
||Tech Level: 9
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 19,893.4 / 19,828.7
- Power Plant: 900 MW Fusion Power Plant, 1 year duration (135.0 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: None
- G-Rating: 2G Fusion Rocket (-383.6 MW/G), Auxiliary Standard CG (300 MW)
- Maint: 770
- Computer: 2xTL-9 Fibre-optic computer (0.5 MW)
- Commo: 2xLaser (Unlimited; 0.3 MW), 2xMaser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), 2xRadio (10 hex; 10 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging radar, Satellite positioning, 130 km/h NOE
- Sensors: 2xRadar (2 hex; 150 MW), 2xHRT Folding array (4 hex; 0.3 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: Radio Jammer (10 hex; 20 MW), EMS Jammer (2 hex;300 MW),
- Controls: Bridge with 55 bridge workstations, 15 normal workstations
- Offensive:900-MW NPAW 2:113 4:56 8:28 16:14 (ROF=100 250 MW; 2 crew)
10x4.5 MJ PDF lasers 1:1/1-1 (ROF=100 2.278 MW; No crew)
3x 50-ton Missile Bays (0.15 MW; 1 crew): 10 Launchers w/ 39
missiles in reload cradles.(total 49 of missiles) (1 crew)
- Defensive: 10xSand Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
- Master Fire Directors: 36xTL-9 (2 Diff Mods; 2 hex; Msl 10 hex; 15.36 MW; 1 crew)
|4.5-MJ PDF Laser Turret||1:2-1/1||2:1-0||-||-
- Life Support: Extended (0.38 MW), Gravitic Compensators (0 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 0 G.
- Crew: 98 (1xManeuver, 5xElectronics, 15xEngineer, 51xGunnery, 11xMaintenance, 2xSteward, 13xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations: 7xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Other Facilities: 4xEmergancy Low Berth (2 kW)
- Cargo: 210 m3 (15 tons), 1 Large Hatches, 50 missiles in magazine
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 10
Total Fuel Tankage: 173.8 m3 (12.4 tons).
Fuel scoops (2% of ship surface), fills tanks in 0.16 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (1.8MW), 5.21 hours to refine 173.8 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
115.1 MW power shortfall.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.
This page constructed by Lewis Roberts.