BARD PAPER: SARA0007
Ramrod Class Missile Boat
design by Idiot/Savant
"A mainstay of various home-defence fleets throughout Solomani space and
Imperial frontier regions, these cheap, mass-produced, single-purpose
craft are often carried into combat by larger vessels."
-- Assignment: Vigilante
As this is a Solomani design, the crew-quarters are rather cramped.
Only the captain and the XO have individual small staterooms, the
rest of the officers sharing staterooms and the crew sleeping in
Due to its relatively poor passive sensors, the Ramrod is best used
in combination with sensor drones. The ~9.5 DspT cargo bay is
sufficient to carry up to four standard TL-12 active/passive drones.
Alternatively, one or more of the drones may be replaced with an
area-jamming drone. In the event that drones are carried, they are
operated by the MFD crew.
Ramrods encountered in the New Era have often been extensively
modified, replacing some or all of their missile barbettes with
lasers to reduce their logistics load. Ship's troops are also
commonly embarked, either hot bunking or using converted cargo space.
Ramrod Class Missile Boat
|Displacement: 1000 tons
||Hull Armor: 175
|Length: 75 meters
||Volume: 14,000 m3
|Price: 560.163 MCr
||Target Size: M
|Configuration: Wedge SL
||Tech Level: 13
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 15336.29 / 13970.67
- Power Plant: 2820 MW Fusion Power Plant (100.7 MW/hit), 1 year
duration (3.77 MW power surplus)
- Jump Performance: None
- Jump Fuel: 0 m3
- G-Rating: 5 (500 MW/G), Contra-Grav lifters (100 MW)
- G-Turns: 117 : 62.5 m^3 of fuel each
- Maint: 323
- Computer: 3 * TL-13 Model Fb Computers (0.9 MW each)
- Commo: 2 * 1000 AU Maser (0.6 MW each), 300000 km radio (10 hexes; 100 MW)
2 * 1000 AU Laser (0.3 MW each).
- Avionics: TL 10+
- Sensors: Passive EMS fixed array 120000 km (4 hexes; 0.15 MW)
Active EMS 300000 km (10 hexes; 27.5 MW)
2 * LADAR (10 hexes; 2.5 MW each)
- ECM/ECCM: Active EMS Jammer (10 hexes; 55 MW) EM Masking (14 MW)
- Controls: Bridge with 17 workstations; 28 other workstations.
- Offensive 10 * Missile Barbette (5 ready missiles each; 0.15 MW each;
1 crew each; loc 6,7,8,9,10,10 - arcs: 1,2,3; 16,17,18,19 -
Total 50 ready Missiles plus 100 in cargo.
- Defensive: None
- Master Fire Directors: 5 * TL-12 Beam/missile MFD
(4 Diff Mod; Msl 10 hexes; 10 hexes; 3.25 MW each; 1 crew each)
- Life Support: Extended (2.8 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 4G (70 MW)
- Crew: 60: 28 Engineers, 3 Electronics, 1 Maneuver, 15 Gunnery, 2
Maintenance, 8 Command, 2 Stewards, 1 Medical.
- Crew Accommodations: 5 * small stateroom; 51 * bunk.
- Passenger Accomadation: None
- Other Facilities: Sick Bay
- Cargo: 134 m3 3 Large cargo Hatches, also there are 100 missiles stored in the cargo bay.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 10
Fuel Purification machinery (7.6 MW); 30 hours to refine 7594.5 m^3.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.