BARD PAPER: SARA0029
Tri ceratops Heavy Fighter
design by Robert Boleyn
Here is my attempt at a 50-ton non-jump capable fighter, for your
enjoyment/amusement. Comments are welcome, as this is my first
attempt at a small craft design (for some reason ships with 40GW+
PAWS just seem more exciting :)
I designed the Triceratops using acceleration based on mass, and
using Antti's newest spreadsheet, so some details probably don't
quite match FF&S e.g. the hull uses power.
Triceratops Heavy Fighter
|Displacement: 50 tons
||Hull Armor: 250
|Length: 11.02 meters
||Volume: 700 m3
|Price: 70.97 MCr
||Target Size: VS
|Configuration: Sphere SL
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 763.8 / 734.9
- Power Plant: 351.5 MW Fusion Power Plant, 0.1 year duration (3.5 m3
- Jump Performance: None
- Jump Fuel: 0 m3
- G-Rating: 6G HEPlaR (38.19 MW/G),High-Efficiency CG Lifter (5 MW)
- G-Turns: 69, 4.8 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 54
- Computer: 2xTL-15 Fibre-optic computer (1.1 MW)
- Commo: Laser (Unlimited; 0.3 MW), Maser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), Radio
(Unlimited; 20 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 190 km/h
- Sensors: AEMS (16 hex; 25 MW), PEMS (3 hex; 0.06 MW), Ladar (10
hex; 0.6 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: EM Masking (0.7 MW)
- Controls: 3
- Offensive 2xTL-15 750-MJ Laser Turret (Loc:0-Arcs:0;35.417 MW;0
Crew), Missile Barbette (uncrewed, all it does is carry 6 0.5dt
standard space missiles, which are guided by the MFD).
- Defensive: None
- Master Fire Directors: TL-15 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 1.71
MW; 1 crew)
Name Short Medium Long Extreme750-MJ
Laser Turret 10:1/22-68 20:1/13-41 40:1/7-21 80:1/3-10
- Life Support: Extended (crew space only)(0.01 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 6 Gs (0.14 MW)
- Crew: 3 (1xManeuver, 1xElectronics/Gunnery, 1xGunnery)
- Crew Accommodations: Cockpit
- Passenger Accomadation: None
- Other Facilities: None
- Cargo: 5.6 m3 1 Small Cargo Hatches
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 1
Total Fuel Tankage: 332.9 m3 (23.8 tons).
Fuel scoops (10% of ship surface), fills tanks in 1.19 hours.
0 MW power surplus.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.