BARD PAPER: SARA0030
Eyeball Alpha- Class Probe
design by Nick
The Eyeball series of probes offered a means of observing over a wide area without danger to the parent ship. Ranging in size from 1dt to 3 dt, plus the larger 5dt Cyclops, they provided survey and scout ships with many additional functions.
Later versions of the probes were modified to provide even more capabilities, including personnel transport and some were even made jump capable.
The Alpha version was the most basic, displacing only 1dt and with a sensor package limited to only 2-hex Active and Passive EMS Arrays.
Manoeverability, as was common for the series, was impressive, with a top thrust of 8G and 56 g-Hours of fuel on board. Comms and control ran through a standard military maser link for security.
EMM was fitted as standard, since this was primarily a military design, and the probes were even fitted out with Contra-Grav drives to assist operations in planetary gravity wells. Overall, the Eyeball series were a very successful and versatile range, although the Alpha was superceded by more useful units.
See also the
Beta Series Search Probe
Gamma Series Rescue Probe.
Eyeball Alpha-Class Probe
|Displacement: 1 tons
||Hull Armor: 12
|Length: 2.99 meters
||Volume: 14 m3
|Price: 5.01 MCr
||Target Size: Mc
||Tech Level: 14
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 20.0 / 19.5
- Power Plant: 12 MW Fusion Power Plant, 0.1 year's duration (36 days) at 0.12m3 of Lhyd Fuel
- Jump Performance: None
- G-Rating: 8G HEPlaR (0.44 MW/G)
- G-Turns: 112,
- Maint: 3
- Computer: , TL-14 Flight computer (0.05 MW)
- Commo: Maser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW),
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 180 km/h NOE
- Sensors: AEMS (2 hex; 7 MW), PEMS Folding array (2 hex; 0.04 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: EM Masking (0.014 MW)
- Controls: No bridge, 0 normal workstations
- Offensive: None
- Defensive: None
- Master Fire Directors: None
- Life Support: m3 LS volume (0 MW), Gravitic Compensators (0 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 5 G.
- Crew: 1 (1xManeuver, 0xElectronics)
- Crew Accommodations: Cockpit
- Cargo: None
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 0
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
0.6 MW power surplus
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All righ
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.