BARD PAPER: SARA5001
design by Antti Lahtinen
From Path of Tears:
These ships are being built to satisfy the demands of the pro-consolidation forces of the Assembly, as part of the compromise package that involved the adoption of a vigorous coreward expansioin strategy witnin a confined area of operations. They are optimized for military actions as part of a fleet, and have no provisions for independent expeditionary usage. They will form the nucleus of an RC Navy that will be used in a traditional manner, to protect Coalition interests, worlds and trader, and will not be farme dotu piecemeal on various armed expeditions ino the Wilds. The destroyers' structures are based around the spines of the Aurora class, but have streamlined, no-modular hulls.
|Displacement: 6250 tons
||Hull Armor: 500
|Length: 165.24 meters
|Price: 5,211 MCr
||Target Size: M
|Configuration: Needle SL
||Tech Level: 12
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded):158596.8 / 155671.1
- Power Plant: 23.29 GW Fusion Power Plant, 1 year duration (3493.5 m3)
- Jump Performance: 2
- G-Rating: 2G Heplar (7,919 MW/G), 1G High Efficency Contra Grav. (1,131 MW/G)
- G-Turns: 40
- Maint: 3220
- Computer: 3x TL 12 Fib Computers (0.8MW)
- Commo: 2xMaser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), 2xRadio (10 hex; 10 MW)
- Avionics: TL-10+ Avionics, Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 160 km/h NOE.
- Sensors: AEMS (16 hex; 50 MW), PEMS Folding array (7 hex; 0.3 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: EMS Jammer (16 hex;100 MW), EM Masking (87.5 MW)
- Controls: Bridge with 29 bridge workstations, 7 normal workstations
PX-10-10-1 Spinal particle accelerator (1388.889 MW; 11 crew)
10 x 144Mj Remote laser turret (40 MW; No crew).
5xMissile Barbette (0.15 MW; 1 crew)
25 ready missiles, 25 in storage.
|10 GJ Spinal PAWS||10:500||20:500||40:500||80:500 |
|144 MJ Laser Turret||4:1/10-30||8:1/10-30||16:1/6-20||32:1/3-10|
- Definsive: 10xSandcaster Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
- Master Fire Directors:8xTL-12 (4 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex;
3.25 MW; 1 crew)
- Life Support: Extended. (6.9556 MW), Gravitic Compensators (173.89 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 3 G
- Crew: 109 (2xManeuver, 4xElectronics, 7xEngineer, 36xGunnery, 1xMedic, 39xMaintenance, xFlight, 1xSteward, 5xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations 62xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Passenger Accomadation: 1 Middle Stateroom.
- Cargo: 910m3, 2 Large Hatches.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities:2x30 ton hangers.
- Air Locks: 62
Total Fuel Tankage: 48279.75 m3 (3448.6 tons).
Fuel scoops (6.2% of ship surface), fills tanks in 2.22 hours
Fuel purification machinery (12.6MW), 137.94 hours to refine 48279.75 m3.
Mass and price includes two 30-ton Ship's Boats.
The BR data shows that the Fusilier should have fixed 8-hex PEMS
system. This appears to be an error, since the maximum non-folding PEMS
antenna for this hull size is the 40-meter 5-hex model. Even with the 7-
hex PEMS, the remaining surface are is only 26.8 m2. The 8-hex antenna
has 400 m diameter, and requires very much surface area.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.