BARD PAPER: SARA5014
design by Lewis Roberts
The Flamsteed Fleet tanker was an auxilury ship for the massive fleets
of the Third Imperium. It never intended to enter battle, but in case it was
ambushed or forced into a fight it is equiped with several hundred laser turrets,
and missile turrets. It also has sufficient defense equipment so as have the best
chance to be able to survive an enemy attack.These include a Meson screen,
several hundred sandcasters and a large AEMS Jammer. It also carries five
1000 ton monitors, to act as pickets and guards. If desired these ships can
be replaced by jump capable ships such as the Fer-de-Lance Destroyer Escort.
The ship is a giant flying wing, with massive fuels scoops along the wings.
Massive fuel droges hang from the underside of the ship, these allow it
to fufill its main goal, which is to refuel ships upon entering a hostile system.
This way the warships enter battle with full fuel tanks, and while the battle
progresses, the Flamsteed can fill its fuel tanks, and purify the fuel or
jump back to saftey. The ship also carries significant cargo and can
carry supplies for other ships in the fleet. In an emergency this space can also
be utilized for troop transport, hospital duty, or something else.
|Displacement: 500,000 tons
||Hull Armor: 40
|Length: 593.34 meters
||Volume: 7,000,000 m3
|Price: 133.01 GCr
||Target Size: VL
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 2,278,258.3 / 1,742,776.5
- Power Plant: 189.9 GW Fusion Power Plant, 1 year duration (18,990.0 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: 4 (1,750,000 m3 fuel)
- G-Rating: 1G HEPlaR (115.5 GW/G), Auxiliary High Efficiency CG (50000 MW)
- G-Turns: 60 (J3: 90.3; J2: 120.6; J1: 150.9; 181.2 using all jump fuel), 14,437.5 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 91,610
- Computer: 3xTL-15 Fibre-optic computer (1.1 MW)
- Commo: 2xLaser (Unlimited; 0.3 MW), 2xMaser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), Meson (1 hex;5 MW), 2xRadio (Unlimited; 20 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 190 km/h NOE
- Sensors: 2xAEMS (16 hex; 25 MW), 2xPEMS (7 hex; 0.25 MW), Densitometer (0.4 MW), Neutrino Sensor (0.01 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: EMS Jammer (4 hex;18 MW), Area Jammer (3 hex radius; 32.4 MW),
- Controls: Bridge with 473 bridge workstations, 1266 normal workstations
- Offensive: 120 x TL-15 150 Mj Laser Turret (ROF=100)(42 MW; 1 crew)
120xMissile Barbette (0.15 MW; 1 crew) 5 missiles each
- Defensive: 120xSand Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
TL-15 Meson Screen Generator (PV=500; 312.5 MW; 1 Crew)
- Master Fire Directors: 100xTL-15 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 1.86 MW; 1 crew)
|150 Mj Laser Turret||10:1/10 30||20:1/10 30||40:1/10 30||80:1/10 30
- Life Support: Extended (418.99 MW), Gravitic Compensators (10.47 GW)
- Grav Compensation: 6 G.
- Crew: 2662 (2xManeuver, 2xElectronics, 1266xEngineer, 460xGunnery, 387xMaintenance, 100xFlight, 54xSteward, 22xMedic, 369xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations: 1700xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW), 205xLarge Stateroom (1 kW)
- Other Facilities: 100xElectronics Shop (0.6 MW), 25xMachine Shop (1 MW), 50xSick Bay (0.8 MW)Emergancy Low Berth (2 kW)
- Cargo: 770000 m3 (55000 tons), 2200 Large Hatches, 2000 missiles in magazine, 2264500 m3 fuel distribution tank
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: 5x100-ton spacious hangar, 5x1000-ton spacious hangar
- Air Locks: 5000
Total Fuel Tankage: 4,899,740.0 m3 (349,981.4 tons).
Fuel scoops (2% of ship surface), fills tanks in 8.75 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (7GW), 21 hours to refine 4,899,740.0 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
47.2 MW power surplus
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.