BARD PAPER: SARA5xxx
design by Lewis Roberts
From Ships of the Black War by Charles Gannon in
Known as the 1090 missile frigate during the dsign phase, the
Yataghan class had just entered Imperial service at the time of
Although primarily intended to act as covering vessels while
other ships deployed riders or refueled, this design came to be
seen as a centerpiece for larger strike groups with the advent of the
Black War. Although 50 tons of cargo space are recmmended for missile
storage, many commanders convert the argo volume into storage for seven
additonal 40-ton subordinate craft. With this capacity for up to 9
40-ton subordinate craft, the Yatagan can function as a quasi-carrier
and/or troop transport.
Furthermore, its considerable armor and speed make it a formidable opponent,
and its heavy missile battery gives it a tremendous dirtside bombardment
|Displacement: 6,000 tons
||Hull Armor: 400
|Length: 163.01 meters
||Volume: 84,000 m3
|Price: 3.76 GCr
||Target Size: M
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 72,834.5 / 69,423.2
- Power Plant: 15.73 GW Fusion Power Plant, 0.1 year duration (157.3 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: 4 (21,000 m3 fuel)
- G-Rating: 4G HEPlaR (3.61 GW/G), Auxiliary High Efficiency CG (600 MW)
- G-Turns: 50 (J3: 61.6; J2: 73.3; J1: 84.9; 96.5 using all jump fuel), 451.5 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 1,625
- Computer: 3xTL-15 Fibre-optic computer (1.1 MW), 3xTL-15 Fibre-optic computer (1.1 MW)
- Commo: Laser (Unlimited; 0.3 MW), Maser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), Radio (Unlimited; 20 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 190 km/h NOE
- Sensors: 2xAEMS (16 hex; 25 MW), 2xPEMS Folding array (8 hex; 0.3 MW), Ladar (1 hex; 0.01 MW), Densitometer (0.4 MW), Neutrino Sensor (0.01 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: EMS Jammer (16 hex;50 MW), EM Masking (84 MW)
1000 decoys in 8 dispensers of 125 decoys each.
- Controls: Bridge with 108 bridge workstations, 104 normal workstations
- Offensive: 4x100 ton missile bays (1.95 MW; 1 crew)
20x150 MJ Non-Grav Remote Point Defense Laser ROF=100
- Defensive: 20xSand Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
TL-15 Meson Screen Generator (PV=500; 78.1 MW; 1 Crew)
- Master Fire Directors: 70xTL-15 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 1.86 MW; 1 crew)
|150MJ Laser Turret||6:1/10-31||12:1/5-17||24:1/3-9|| 48:1/1-4
- Life Support: Extended (1.18 MW), Gravitic Compensators (29.54 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 6 G.
- Crew: 255 (2xManeuver, 1xElectronics, 104xEngineer, 94xGunnery, 12xMaintenance, 5xSteward, 2xMedic, 35xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations: 81xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Cargo: 1400 m3 (100 tons), 4 Large Hatches, 940 missiles in magazine
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: 2x40-ton minimal hangar
- Air Locks: 60
Total Fuel Tankage: 43,732.3 m3 (3,123.7 tons).
Fuel scoops (10% of ship surface), fills tanks in 1.3 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (50MW), 26.24 hours to refine 43,732.3 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
0.2 MW power shortfall.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.