BARD PAPER: SARA5032
Manzikert Class Destroyer
design by Lewis Roberts
From Ships of the Black War by Charles Gannon in
Designed by the Imperial Navy, the Manzikert is not intended for indepedent operations. The strategist/designers intended it to be used as part of a balanced escort/light force grouping, consiting of general-prpose craft such as the Tekkatir special escort and the Yataghan missile frigates. The Manzikert is little more than a hull built around a spinal meson gun, and as such was envisioned as being the "big ship killer" in such a light task force. Indeeed the Manzikert is one of the smallest jump-capable craft in the Imperial inventroy to carry a spinal meson gun, and almost everything else in the design process was sacrifced to achiev that objective. This specialized nature makes the Manzikert something of a rarity. However, most factions have some in their inventories, just in case.
|Displacement: 12,000 tons
||Hull Armor: 200
|Length: 205.38 meters
||Volume: 168,000 m3
|Price: 9.9 GCr
||Target Size: L
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 108,084.0 / 102,935.9
- Power Plant: 25.5 GW Fusion Power Plant, 0.1 year duration (255.0 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: 3 (33,600 m3 fuel)
- G-Rating: 3G HEPlaR (5.29 GW/G), Auxiliary High Efficiency CG (1200 MW)
- G-Turns: 60 (J2: 76.9; J1: 93.9; 110.8 using all jump fuel), 661.5 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 3,636
- Computer: 3xTL-15 Fibre-optic computer (1.1 MW), 3xTL-15 Fibre-optic computer (1.1 MW)
- Commo: 2xLaser (Unlimited; 0.3 MW), 2xMaser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), 2xRadio (Unlimited; 20 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 190 km/h NOE
- Sensors: 2xAEMS (16 hex; 25 MW), PEMS Folding array (8 hex; 0.3 MW), Ladar (10 hex; 0.6 MW), Densitometer (0.4 MW), Neutrino Sensor (0.01 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: Radio Jammer (Unlimited; 40 MW), EMS Jammer (16 hex;50 MW), Area Jammer (10 hex radius; 108 MW), EM Masking (168 MW)
- Controls: Bridge with 80 bridge workstations, 170 normal workstations
- Offensive: 27500 MW Meson Gun ROF=100 (-2DM) (7638.89 MW; 95 crew)
19xMissile Barbette (0.15 MW; No crew)
- Defensive: 20xSand Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
TL-15 Meson Screen Generator (PV=400; 100 MW; 1 Crew)
- Master Fire Directors: 20xTL-15 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 1.71 MW; 1 crew)
|27500 MJ Meson Gun|| 10:586|| 20:284 ||40:142 || NA
- Life Support: Extended (1.79 MW), Gravitic Compensators (44.87 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 6 G.
- Crew: 405 (2xManeuver, 2xElectronics, 170xEngineer, 135xGunnery, 29xMaintenance, 8xSteward, 3xMedic, 56xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations: 232xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW), 3xLarge Stateroom (1 kW)
- Cargo: None, 303 missiles in magazine
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 120
Total Fuel Tankage: 73,545.0 m3 (5,253.2 tons).
Fuel scoops (16% of ship surface), fills tanks in 0.68 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (100MW), 22.06 hours to refine 73,545.0 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
3.2 MW power surplus
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises.
Portions of this material are © 1977-1996 Far Future
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.