BARD PAPER: SARA5037
P. F. Sloan Class Escort
design by Idiot/Savant
"The P. F. Sloan class fleet escort is intended for routine
fleet security and support. Fleet escorts are assigned in quantity
for local or system defence any time that several squadrons or a
fleet are present. If it is remembered that Sloans are lightly armed
and armoured, then their performance can be seen as admirable,
although they cannot withstand major engagements.
A FF&S-conversion of the FS design. The 30 laser turrets have
been retained, the twin missile bays replaced with 10 barbettes, and
the nuclear damper replaced with 10 turrets. The meson screen is the
same as fitted to the Midu-class Destroyers. The cutters are provided
with an internal hanger (I'm not sure if this is correct; could
someone with the appropriate copy of Challenge critique this for me?).
In BattleRider terms, this ship is wimpy. It's major use
would be as a fighter or missile screen, or as a close-in defender
for larger warships. The canonical version is reliant upon missiles
as its primary anti-ship weapon. Still, it has plenty of spare space,
and could easily mount a 10000 Mj N-PAW for swatting other escorts...
P. F. Sloan Class Escort
|Displacement: 5000 tons
||Hull Armor: 252
|Length: 102 meters
||Volume: 70000 m3
|Price: 2563.99 MCr
||Target Size: M<
|Configuration: Cylinder USL
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 39873.92 / 33924.47 T
- Power Plant: 16884 MW Fusion Power Plant (296.2 MW/hit), 1 year
duration (3.426 MW excess power)
- Jump Performance: 4 (
- Jump Fuel: 17500 m3
- G-Rating: 6 (2500 MW/G), no contra-grav
- G-Turns: 78 (134 using jump fuel), 312.5 m3 of fuel each
- Maint: 1075
- Computer: 3 * TL-15 Model Fb Computers (1.1 MW each)
- Commo: 3 * 1000 AU Maser (0.6 MW each), 1000 AU radio (infinity; 20 MW)
- Avionics: TL 10+, TL-15 Terrain-Following Avionics (NOE 190)
- Sensors: Passive EMS folding array 240000 km (8
hexes, 0.3 MW)
Active EMS 480000 km (DF-capable; 16 hexes; 25 MW)
6 * LADAR (10 hexes; 0.6 MW each)
- ECM/ECCM: Active EMS Jammer (16 hexes; 50 MW) EM Masking (70 MW)
- Controls:Bridge with 50 workstations; 112 other workstations.
10 * Missile Barbette (5 ready missiles each; 0.15 MW each;
1 crew each) Total 50 ready Msls plus 100 in cargo.
30 * TL-15 150 Mj Laser Turret (42 MW each; Overpowered to
-2 Diff Mod; 1 crew each)
- Defensive:20 MW TL-15 Meson Screen Generator (PV=253; 20
MW; 1 crew),
10 * TL-15 Damper Turret (3 MW each; 1 crew each)
- Master Fire Directors:
5 * TL-15 Beam/missile MFD (6 Diff Mod; Msl
10 hexes; 10 hexes; 1.71 MW each; 1 crew each)
8 * TL-15 Beam MFD (6 Diff Mod; 10 hexes;
1.56 MW each; 1 crew each).
|150 Mj Laser Turret||10:1/10-31 ||20:1/10-31 || 40:1/10-31
- Life Support: Extended (14 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 6G (350 MW)
- Crew: 236: 112 Engineers, 2 Electronics, 2 Maneuver, 64 Gunnery, 8
Maintenance, 9 Flight, 32 Command, 5 Stewards, 2 Medical.
- Crew Accommodations: 18 large staterooms; 101 small stateroom.
- Passenger Accomadation: 2 large staterooms.
- Other Facilities: 2 Sick bays, 2 Electronics shops; 2 Machine Shops.
- Cargo: 700 m3 4 Large Cargo Hatches, 100 Missiles in Magazine
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: Internal hanger (minimal) for
3 * 50-ton Cutter, three launch
- Air Locks: 50
No fuel purification machinery, 43563.3 m3 fuel.
Because it is intended to serve as a fleet unit, the P. F. Sloan
is dependent upon tankers for refuelling.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.