BARD PAPER: SARA7009
Empress Marava Far Trader
design by Lewis Roberts
The Empres Marava class of far traders is ubiquitous through
out the Imperium, in the 1100s. After the collapse, many examples of
these were left throughout Imperial space. Many of these quickly
fell into disrepair as spare parts became harder and harder to aquire.
Even with this many Free Traders manage to keep their Marvas going.
For more information see any of the write ups that have appeared in the first
three versions of Traveller.
This ship was designed with SSDS.
Empress Marva Far Trader
|Displacement: 200 tons
||Hull Armor: 10
|Length: 43 meters
|Price: 65.53 MCr
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: Wedge SL
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 1445/2161
- Power Plant: 125 MW Fusion. 1 year fuel supply. (12.5m3/year)
- Jump Performance: 2
- G-Rating: 1 w/ Thrusters
- G-Turns: Unlimited
- Fuel Tankage: 560 m3 for Jump Drives.
- Maint: 87
- Computer: 3x TL 15 Std Computers
- Commo: 3000 km Radio
- Avionics: TL-10+ Avionics
- Sensors: 3,000km AEMS, 30,000km PEMS Fixed Arrays.
- Controls: 3 Workstations. Low Automation controls
- Offensive: Two turrets are installed, but the load out varied on a ship to ship basis.
- Master Fire Directors:
- Life Support: Extended.
- Grav Compensation: 6Gs.
- Crew: 4: Pilot, Navigator, Engineer and Steward (if passengers are carried). Two gunners can be carried if the ship is armed.
- Crew Accommodations: Captain/pilot has a large stateroom, the rest of the crew each has a small stateroom.
- Passenger Accommodations: 11 small stateroon.
- Cargo: 1250 m3, 4 cargo hatches.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: Air Raft in 8 ton hangar with seperate hatch.
- Other Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 2
- Notes:Notes: The ship has fuel scoops and a purification plant.
It is capable of scooping
40 tons of fuel in 1 hour so it takes 2 hours to scoop enough fuel.
It is capable of purifying 50 tons of fuel per hour, so it takes 96 minutes to purify the jump drive fuel.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.
This page constructed by Lewis Roberts.