BARD PAPER: SARA7017
design by Derek Stanley
Designed in 1201 the Pandora was the first commercial vessel designed at Hiver Tech. Originally dismissed as, "to expensive to be practical," the Pandora quickly found acceptance among the intelligence operatives of RCES. With it's characteristically "bland exterior" and uncommonly rugged design the Pandora has been utilized with great success on a number of particularly sensitive intelligence gathering operations.
With it's respectable sensor package, electronically masked hull and moderate performance characteristics the Pandora is able to act as a mobile listening post for the Reformation Coalition while still maintaining a respectable profit margin due to the size of it's hold. While it's offensive capabilities are somewhat limited with it's complement of Hokhok missiles and retractable Plasma turret the Pandora begins to live up to it's namesake. Finally, the Pandora's hold has been specially designed to function as either a cargo hold or an adapter for specially designed multi-mission pods displacing up to 50 tons.
The first Pandora was completed in late 1201 and four more were finished by the middle of 1202. Currently, RCES plans to expand it's fleet of Pandora's to ten by the end of 1203.
|Displacement: 215/217 tons
||Hull Armor: 20
|Length: 49.26 meters
||Volume: 3,010/3,038 m3
|Price: 118.3 MCr
||Target Size: S
||Tech Level: 12
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 2,268.5 / 2,014.2
- Power Plant: 328 MW Fusion Power Plant, 1 year duration (49.2 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: 2 (456 m3 fuel)
- G-Rating: 2G HEPlaR (125.67 MW/G), Auxiliary High Efficiency CG (21.7 MW)
- G-Turns: 40 (J1: 54.5; 69 using all jump fuel), 15.7 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 91
- Computer: 3xTL-12 Standard computer (0.4 MW)
- Commo: Maser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), Radio (1 hex; 1 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 160 km/h NOE
- Sensors: AEMS (6 hex; 20 MW), PEMS (3 hex; 0.1 MW),
- ECM/ECCM: None
- Controls: No bridge, 8 normal workstations
- Offensive: LTM-115-5-1 (15.97 MW; 1 crew)
3 DT socket (No crew)
- Defensive: Sand Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
- Master Fire Directors: TL-12 (4 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 3.1 MW; 1 crew)
|3 DT socket||
|Name||MCr||G-Turns||Hits ||Primary Warhead
|x5 Hokhok Missile||4.5||80/8||1D6||1/25-79||x2 1/18-56||0||10L
- Life Support: Extended (0.37 MW), Gravitic Compensators (9.23 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 3 G.
- Crew: 10 (2xManeuver, 1xElectronics, 3xEngineer, 3xGunnery, 1xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations: 6xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Passenger Accommodations: 5xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Cargo: 700 m3 (50 tons), 2 Large Hatches, 2 missiles in magazine
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: 4x0.5-ton AF grapple, 1x2-ton minimal hangar
- Air Locks: 2
Total Fuel Tankage: 1,133.2 m3 (80.9 tons).
Fuel scoops (10% of ship surface), fills tanks in 0.94 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (1.8MW), 22.66 hours to refine 1,133.2 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Original FFS' crew model.
0.2 MW power surplus
Retractable TL13 Plasma 4mm VFR Gauss Gun.
Area Surface Hits Internal Explosion System
1 Ant. 1-10 Elec AEMS-1h LS-7H
2-3 1-12 Qtrs, 13-14 Elec, 15-20 Fuel AG-1H MD-1H
4-5 AL 1 1-13 Qtrs, 14-15 Socket, 16-20 Fuel AL-2x1h MFD-1H
6-9 CH 1-4, EMMR 5-6 1-12 Hold, 13-20 Fuel ELS-3H PEMS-1h
10-11 1-6 Turrets, 7-20 Fuel EMM-1H PEMS Ant-1h
12-15 CH 1-4, EMMR 5-6 1-12 Hold, 13-20 Fuel EMM Rad-3h PP-8H
16-19 1-8 Eng, 9-20 Fuel FPP-3H SSR-11x2h
20 Eng FT-13H
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.