BARD PAPER: SARA9005
Marco Polo Colony Ship
design by Eamon Watters
The Marco Polo Class Colonizer Ship that the
L'Steichians used to support the Colonization of Heppling (Baldur). The Hellenic
Transport and Trading Corporation (HTTC) owns two of these, which with the Low Berths
removed, provide outsize cargo transport in the RC. It's well defended for two reasons
- L'Steichian politics could get heated at times, and so it was deemed prudent to arm
the vessels. Also, when not in use shuttling Colonists to Heppling or Bestor, the
owners would farm it out to other governments in the the area, usually Clallum. IIRC
there was also a large pirate threat pre-collapse, High Passage detailed well
armed pirates operating out of Sarid (Oriflamme) Subsector. Supported by the Solomani,
they were well trained and well armed.
Marco Polo Colony Ship
|Displacement: 20,000 tons
||Hull Armor: 15
||Volume: 280,000 m3
|Price: 4918 MCr
||Target Size: L
|Configuration: SL Cylinder
||Tech Level: 15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 62661.7 / 52919.7
- Power Plant:
- Jump Performance: 10500 MW Fusion Power Plant, 1 year duration (1050 m3 fuel)
- Jump Fuel: 56,000 m3
- G-Rating: 1G HEPlaR (9100 MW/G), ContraGrav Lifters (1300 MW/G)
- G-Turns: 48 (J2: 64.4; J1: 80.8; 97.2 using all jump fuel), 1137.5 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 2350
- Computer: 3xTL-15 Standard computer (0.55 MW)
- Commo: 2xMaser (Unlimited; 0.6 MW), Radio (Unlimited; 20 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 190 km/h NOE
- Sensors: AEMS (4 hex; 9 MW), PEMS (5 hex; 0.15 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: None
- Controls: Bridge with 19 bridge workstations, 6 normal workstations
- Offensive 4xMissile Barbette (0.15 MW; 1 crew)
14xLaser Turret (4.2 MW; No crew)
- Defensive: 6xSand Turret (1 MW; 1 crew)
- Master Fire Directors: 2xTL-15 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; 1.56 MW; 1 crew)
4xTL-15 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 1.86 MW; 1 crew)
- Life Support: Extended (33.644 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 6 Gs (841.1 MW)
- Crew: 99 (2xManeuver, 2xElectronics, 6xEngineer, 16xGunnery, 12xMaintenance,
20xShip's Troops, 12xFlight, 20xMedic, 9xCommand)
- Crew Accommodations: 60 x Small Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Passenger Accomadation: 9000 x Low (1 kW)
- Other Facilities: Electronics Shop (0.6 MW), Machine Shop (1 MW), 4xSick Bay (0.8 MW)
- Cargo: 7706.3 m3 22 Large cargo Hatches, 40 Missiles in storage.
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: 3x95-ton docking ring, 1x95-ton minimal hangar, 4 Shuttles.
- Air Locks: 200
Total Fuel Tankage: 111650 m3 (7975 tons)
Fuel scoops (5% of ship surface), fills tanks in 1.99 hours
Fuel purification machinery (50MW), 66.99 hours to refine 111650 m3.
Ship's Troops double as laser gunners in combat.
Medics monitor the Low Berths, and help revive Colonists at their destination. The
Sickbays are necessary as advanced aid of some kind is needed when the Colonists are
The 550.45 dT cargo bay is for personal posessions of the Passengers.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.