BARD PAPER: SARA9014
Grand Crusader Scout
design by Jon Goff
The Grand Crusader Class vessel was designed using a scavenged power
plant and jump drive from some old lab ships that were attached to the
local Scout Base. They had been attached at the time of the Second
Survey to do Stellar Studies on the stars of the Glimmerdrift Reaches.
There were 10 of them that have been found. Five went to Grand Crusader
class vessels, and the other five went to the currently unamed upgrade
to the Grand Crusader. The Grand Crusader is fully streamlined, and is
modular, as it features a small 10 ton pod. As these pods are rare, the
space is usually left as cargo.
Grand Crusader Class Scout
|Displacement: 170 tons
||Hull Armor: 20
|Length: 48.3 meters
||Volume: 2380 m3
|Price: 117.665 MCr
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: AF Needle
||Tech Level: 10/15
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 2112.11872 / 1891.56857
- Power Plant: 265.2 MW Fusion Power Plant (265.2 MW/hit), 1 year duration
- Jump Performance: 6
- Jump Fuel: 840 m3
- G-Rating: 2G HEPlaR (85 MW/G)
- G-Turns: 24 (103 using jump fuel), 10.625 m3 each
- Maint: 71
- Computer: 3xTL-10 Standard computer (.3 MW each)
- Commo: 1xLaser (Unlimited; 0.3 MW), 1xRadio (1 hex; 1 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 140 km/h NOE
- Sensors: PEMS (3 hex; 0.2 MW), Ladar (1 hex; .5 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: EM Masking (2.38 MW)
- Controls: Flight deck with 5 bridge workstations,
3 normal Engineering workstations.
- Offensive 2x TL-10 60 Mj Laser Turetts (Loc: 6,7; Arcs: All MW:17 each
-2 Diff Modss; Unmanned; Powered to -2 DM)
- Defensive:1xSand Turret (1d10x5; 20 Cann; 1 MW; Unmanned)
- Master Fire Directors: 1xTL-10 (2 Diff Mods; 2 hex; Msl Unlimited hex;
6.548 MW; 1 crew)
|60-Mj Laser Turret||2:1/6-19 || 4:1/6-19||8:1/3-9 || 16:1/2-5
- Life Support: Extended (.476 MW)
- Grav Compensation: ?Gs (11.9 MW)
- Crew: 8 (2xManeuver, 1xElectronics, 3xEngineer, 1xGunnery,
- Crew Accommodations: 1xSmall Stateroom (0.5 kW; Double-Occupancy),
6xBunks (Single Occupancy)
- Passenger Accomadation: None
- Other Facilities: 1xElectronics Shop (0.6 MW), 1xMachine Shop (1 MW)
- Cargo: 140 m3 1 Large Cargo Hatch, if not carrying pod
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 2
Total Fuel Tankage: 112.145 m3 (80.2 tons).
Fuel scoops (15% of ship surface), fills tanks in 1 hour
Fuel purification machinery (1.66 MW), 32.5 hours to refine 1122.145 m3.
1 Engineer can double as the Sandcaster gunner, but that deprives the
vessel of damage control parties.
Bridge workstations armored to AV200, Engineering Workstations and all
TL-15 equipment armored to AV20.
Surface Hits Internal Explosion
1 1-10: Ant Elec
6-7 1-2: EMM 1-5:Qtrs, 6-12:LT, 13-20:Hold
8-9 1-8:Pod*, 9-14:Eng, 15-20:Hold
10 1-4: Ant 1: Elec, 2-8:Sand, 9-20 Hold
11 1-6: CH 1-8: Pod*, 9-20: Eng
12 1-2: EMM, 3: AL 1-11:Hold, 12-20: Qtrs
13 1-2: EMM, 3: AL 1-12:Hold, 13-20: Qtrs
14-15 1-8: Pod*, 9-14: Eng, 15-20: Hold
18 1-7: Eng, 8-20 Hold
19 1-8: Eng, 9-20 Hold
FPP-3H MD-3h AG-1H MFD-1H PEMS-1h
AL-1h ELS-3H JD-4H LS-5H PP-1H
EMM-1H CG-1H SSR-2h EMM Rad-2h LT-1H
Mach-1H Elec-1H Sand-1H
*If no pod, roll as a Hold hit.
®1996. Traveller is a registered trademark of FarFuture Enterprises. All rights reserved.
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.