BARD PAPER: SARA9027
design by Chris Thompson
The ship is for my players they are about to inherit it, The
machine shop will allow them to make new spare parts so that should not
be a problem.
A general purpose scout built with TL-16 tech before the collapse to
conduct long range scouting. The large cargo bay and provision of
electrical and machine shops for repairs in the field along with the
large cargo bay means the vessel can perform missions of any duration.
The cargo bay has guide rails and couplings to accept a 40-ton pod. The
pod can be any that are produced at present by the RC. The lower belly
hatch of the cargo bay is located below the pod fittings allowing pods
with missile launchers or drop tubes to be fitted. The ships troops are
in fact mission specialists and change from mission to mission.
|Displacement: 400 tons
||Hull Armor: 56
|Length: 55.08 meters
||Volume: 5,600 m3
|Price: 257.05 MCr
||Target Size: S
|Configuration: SL Wedge
||Tech Level: 16
|Mass (Loaded/Unloaded): 3,021.5 / 2,581.4
- Power Plant: 800 MW Fusion Power Plant, 1 year duration (80.0 m3 fuel)
- Jump Performance: 4
- Jump Fuel: 1,400 m3
- G-Rating: 4G HEPlaR (151.09 MW/G), Auxiliary High Efficiency CG (40 MW)
- G-Turns: 56 (J3: 74.5; J2: 93.1; J1: 111.6; 130.1 using all jump fuel),
18.9 m3 fuel each
- Maint: 72
- Computer: 3xTL-16 Fibre-optic computer (1.2 MW)
- Commo: Laser (1000 AU; 0.3 MW), Maser (1000 AU; 0.6 MW), Radio (1000 AU; 20 MW)
- Avionics: Imaging EMS, IGS positioning, 200 km/h NOE
- Sensors: AEMS (16 hex; 13 MW), PEMS (4 hex; 0.06 MW), Densitometer (0.3
MW), Neutrino Sensor (0.01 MW)
- ECM/ECCM: EMS Jammer (10 hex; 20 MW), EM Masking (5.6 MW)
- Controls: EMS Jammer (10 hex; 20 MW), EM Masking (5.6 MW)
- Offensive 4x LTR-250-10-2 (6.944 MW; No crew)
- Defensive: None
- Master Fire Directors: TL-16 (6 Diff Mods; 10 hex; Msl 10 hex; 1.36 MW;
|Name ||Short ||Medium ||Long ||Extreme |
|Laser Turret || 10:1/13-40 || 20:1/13-40 || 40:1/13-40 || 80:1/13-40
- Life Support: Extended (1.11 MW)
- Grav Compensation: 7Gs (27.76 MW)
- Crew: 8 (2x Manoeuvre, 1x Engineer, 1x Gunnery, 4x Ship's Troops)
- Crew Accommodations: 8x Small Stateroom (0.5 kW)
- Passenger Accomadation: None
- Other Facilities: Electronics Shop (0.6 MW), Machine Shop (1 MW), Sick
Bay (0.8 MW)8x Emergency Low Berth (2 kW)
- Cargo: 1050 m3 3 Large Cargo Hatches
- Small Craft and Launch Facilities: None
- Air Locks: 4
Total Fuel Tankage: 2,537.6 m3 (181.3 tons).
Fuel scoops (20% of ship surface), fills tanks in 0.57 hours.
Fuel purification machinery (3.172MW), 24 hours to refine 2,537.6 m3.
Crew requirements are calculated by using 'Modifed FFS' crew model. 28
MW power surplus.
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises.
Portions of this material are © 1977-2001 Far Future
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.