BARD PAPER: VERA0024
Golem-B Attack Plane
design by Stan Bundy
This is a TL 9 variant of the
upgraded systems and an HBT replacing the fuel cells. This
version is be a joint venture between the Luhtalan manufacturer
and a minor Oriflamme aircraft manufacturer seeking to expand its
operations. The latter was not originally enthused with the
prospect of a business venture with the Luhtalans, until its
owner got a chance to fly one of the standard Golems, and was so
impressed with the design that the usual Centrist/Federalist
rivalries took a back seat to the desire to build such a well-
Golem-B Attack Craft
- Price: 2.2963 MCr
- Tech Level: 9
- Volume: 480 m3
- Mass: 16 tonnes Max take off weight 21.6 tonnes.
- Power: 2 HBT that produced 2 tonnes of thrust each. Produes 0.08MW. There is also a 0.6 MW MHD Turbine which draws on the same fuel as the HBTs.
- Maint: 4
- Controls: Flight Computer,
Enhanced Electronic Controls,
Terrain Following Avionics.
- Comunications: 300 km Radio,
15 km Laser Communicator with Command Guidance capability.
- Sensor: 30 km Radar, 3 km Ladar,
30 km HRT, IE Scope.
- Life Support: Cramped Cockpit, Advanced Ejection Seats
Advanced Cockpit Armor,
Oxygen Tanks & Masks.
- ECM: Decoy Dispenser with 7 chaff and 7 flares.
- Cargo: None
- Crew: 2. Pilot & Weapons Officer
- Fire Control: Advanced Stablization. Fire at any speed.
- Armament: 3cm/L75 6 Barrel Autocannon. 4 hardpoints per wing: 4 Triple Bomb/Missle Racks, 2 Mult Bomb/Missile Racks and 2 Plumbed IWHPs for multiuse.
- Ammo: 2000 rnds for the autocannon. 12 Cr/round
- Maxiumum Speed: 788kph/621kph (Clean) 583kph/460kph (Max Weight)
- Cruising Speed: 591kph/466kphk (Clean) 437kph/345kpkh (Max Weight)
- NOE Speed: 130kph
- Travel Move: 2126/1700 (Clean) 1684/1578 (Max Weight)
- Combat Move: 110/86 (Clean) 81/64 (Max Weight) 17 (NOE)
- Agility: 8/7 (Clean) 7/7 (Max Weight)
- Fuel Consumption: 0.4 tonnes/hour (total)
- Internal Fuel Capacity: 3.6 tonnes. Refuelling Probe
- Endurance: 7 hours on internal fuel only. 14 hours using internal &
- Range: 2415 km (Drop tanks only; no munitions) 4424 (Fully armed)
- Takeoff Roll: 240m (Clean) 377m (Max Weight)
- Landing Roll: 144m (Clean) 167m (Max Weight)
|Ammo||ROF|| DamDice|| Pen Val || Magaz|| S Range|
| APFSDSDU ||40||7|| 17-15-13-8||2000||625|
The move values with the slash indicate with 10 drag points and with 29 drag points.
Traveller is a registered trademark of Far Future Enterprises.
Portions of this material are © 1977-1996 Far Future
BARD Logo Copyright ©1996 by Lawrence C. Cox.